Sunday, August 12, 2012

Gooooing to the Chapel...

As of last Friday, my brother has been married for two weeks.
I KNOW...Crazy. 

(The Bridal Party: Kristin, Kimmy, Bekah, KEZIA, AARON, Sammy, Me, Rachel
Seth, Gabe, Nate, Eli, John)

Anyways, it was absolutely the most wonderful wedding I've ever been to. 
I haven't been to many weddings. But I know this one was one of the best ever.

(The Bridal side of the Bridal Party- Kimmy, Rachel, Sammy, KEZIA, Bekah, Me, Kristin)

We ladies had a ball getting ready together beforehand.

(Kez. SO PRETTY.)

(The Groom side of the Bridal Party- Eli, Seth, John, Nate, Gabe, AARON)

The Groomsmen all had matching socks and bowties. And Aaron gave them all corn-cob pipes as a gift, so they really wanted to take this picture. Goofballs.

I'm pretty sure Kezia only agreed to marry Aaron so that she could have a super awesome Danish surname. Cause, it's not like he has any other redeeming qualities that a girl would wish for in a guy...like the fact that he 100% adores her, is as chivalrous as chivalrous can be, and has a pretty nice smile ;)


First there was a cake and punch reception at the church.

(Rachel, who was also a bridesmaid, made this cake. Including the silhouettes on top! Not only was it gorgeous, but it was absolutely delicious too. When my brother was little he always had a pink birthday cake because strawberry cake was his favorite and it only came in pink. He was always made fun of for it by his friends. So, naturally, his wedding cake had strawberry cream inside!)

 Aaron was getting annoyed by all the people clinking their glasses. 
"I'll kiss her on my own time, thanks!" 
Silly boy.


The actual reception was back on Kezia's family's farm. It was absolutely beautiful. There was a lot of singing  and dancing and laughter, and love. 

(As much of a fuss that he put up about the whole "clinking glass kiss" thing...I'm pretty sure he didn't mind kissing her.)

My dad made the first toast, welcoming Kez into the family and making it public that he hoped they would provide him with many Danish grandchildren soon.

We're a Danish family. In case you didn't pick that up.

Then there was a toast from Kez's dad, the best man, the maid of honor, and my brother's godfather. 
By the last one we had run out of champagne in our glasses...but we went through the motions anyhow.

Aaron always feels awkward when he's the center of attention. As displayed by his facial expression in this picture. How cute.

All around it was just an absolutely splendid day. One that I will file away in my memories under 'Wonderful of Wonderfuls'. 

I got this pretty spectacular sister out of it.


To add to the pretty spectacular one that I already had.


We love our brother. And we're glad he found another  person to love him, too :)




So, welcome to our crazy family, Kez. We're glad to have you.



1 comment:

  1. What a great narrative. So much nicer than just browsing photos. Thanks, Anna and Pam for sharing the event. Lots of love is evident.
    P.S. you all look mahvelous! Great dress, Pam!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts?