Saturday, May 5, 2012

Darling, Save the Last Dance for Me

Last Saturday was my school's Spring Formal. Which is essentially Prom, but way cooler. Cause we do English Country dancing. Yup. Like Jane Austen. I know, we're so hipster.
Anyways. It's super fun. It was Paris themed. So everything was decorated super cute, and the food was fabulously French and delicious.

The tornado sirens started going off during dinner. And there was golf-ball sized hail. So, that was super exciting! And we all survived...which was even more exciting.



I brought my friend, Emily, with me. Because she's really cool. And I thought everyone at my school needed to know her. We got to the dance about 45 minutes early...not entirely sure why, but it just happened that way. So, we decided to kill some time by going to McDonalds and getting a shake. (Bad idea, by the way. The strawberry shakes taste like dying babies. No, I've never tried a dying baby. Stop taking everything so literally.) When we pulled up to the drive-thru window, the following conversation took place:

Drive-thru man: What are you two ladies all dressed up for?
Me: We're headed to prom.
Drive-thru man: OHMYGOSH. CONGRATULATIONS!
Me: Umm...thank you?
Drive-thru man: Here's your change. And, again, ladies- Congratulations. Have a GREAT time.

We were so confused. But, I mean...he was nice?

So, then we sat in my car watching Miranda Sings videos on Emilys iPhone, and got stalked by these creepy demon-possessed birds. And then we got to Formal at the right time.
And we did the little Tony-Maria dance from West Side Story about forty times. Perfectly, step by step. Everyone was pretty jealous...obviously.


What's a school dance without stereotypical posing?


And this is the entire girl portion of my class. And I love them all dearly. And I love this picture. Because it pretty much sums us all up perfectly.

So, yup. I'm pretty sure you're all caught up on my life now. As if you really care.

Well, I'm off to memorize Canto XXIII of Dante's Inferno for my Humanities class. DEATH! Literally....cause it's the Inferno. Get it? Haha. WHY AM I SO FUNNY?!




1 comment:

  1. Dying babies and dirt. Not JUST dying babies alone...

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts?