Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Cure for Mondays...or Any Day, Really

In my opinion, Mondays are the worst day of the week. You'd think that after having two full days to "refresh" yourself, you wouldn't be tired. But Monday is the day that I'm at my worst. Tuesdays, oddly enough, are my best days. Anyhowzits. I've found the best way to get through any Monday...or any day, really, is chocolate. Here's my cure for Mondays.


The Mug Brownie.
Possibly the most delightful little 'pick-me-up' to be created. A few weeks ago, my dad brought me one of Betty Crocker's 'Warm Delights', and while I enjoyed it, I realized that it would be pretty easy to make myself. So after a few attempts, I had my own simple recipe for this instant brownie.
Ingredients
-2 and 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder
-2 and 1/2 tbsp of flour
1/2 tbsp of baking powder
2 tbsp of sugar
1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp MELTED butter
1 tbsp milk
1 1/2 tbsp plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
dash of salt
Directions
-Mix all the ingredients together in a coffee mug until they look like a normal brownie batter, and then microwave for 1 minute and 10 secs (or until it looks like a brownie...)
Indulge!
Tips
-drizzle a little hot fudge or carmel on top
-I used cake flour a few times instead of regular flour and my brownie was particularly moist and delicious. However, be careful not to use too much...because I did once and my mug overflowed. It was quite a mess.
I hope this cures your Monday...or your chocolate craving :)

Yes...I realize I posted this on a Tuesday, but considering that yesterday was President's Day, and I was off school...today feels like a Monday.

1 comment:

Any thoughts?